April 26, 2008

Personal Response Systems

I've been using a Personal Response System in my classes. Students have a remote control in which they respond to multiple choice questions I periodically display during a lecture. Students vote anonymously and then I show the answer. It really seems to help students realize what facts were important, and a chance to practice application of what they just learned. We chose a system sold by Turning Point Technologies and it has worked well. They advertise that you can create slides on the fly, but I do not recommend it. I suggest planning questions that illustrate the most important concepts from your class. Students will then not be able to say they did not know what you wanted them to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. However, if they are of a commercial nature they will be immediately deleted.